Tuesday 16 July 2013

Backwoods Logger

The Backwoods Logger is a very useful at displaying graphing and logging pressure, height and degrees , all in the size of a Tic-Tac box weighing about 1 ounce.

It's built-in oled screen can show current data or graphs of data vs time within a scale from the past 2 hours to the past 2.5 days.

Most important, this logger is an open source project.
The logger is based upon a Bosch BMP085 temperature and pressure sensor and an Atmel AVR ATmega328P micro controller.

I built this device about a year ago and often used it.
Unfortunately I once left it in my trousers bag and put it in the wash machine.

Of course it was broken afterwards, the display and the pressure sensor had to be replaced.

I changed them today and now the logger is back and alive again.
Since it is so small I can use it inside an rc controlled glider as an altimeter.

Btw. did I mention it uses an oled display ?!
 


Backwoods logger start up screen

Backside with micro controller and sensor
Washing machine casualities

For more information please visit the project's hompage



1 comment:

  1. I just came across this logger about 5 years too late. I Just picked up some boards online and I am slowly soldering components as they come from China. Any chance you would sell me yours? It would be great to have an example to follow. The project community seems to have dropped off since 2011.

    ReplyDelete